Yesterday we went shopping for furniture in Tukwila. Sahara slept most of the time, but woke up at USA Baby. So we took her to the parking lot to feed her. She ate hungrily, then Amy passed her off to me to change her diaper. I had the changing pad set up in the back seat and proceeded to make the change. But when I put on the new diaper, it didn't fit. I looked and discovered that it was one of the old 1's. So I reached back into the diaper bag for a 2 . . . what a difference a few seconds makes.
Just as I did this, Sahara began to pee like a race horse. Her head had slid down the sloping seat, so the pee (which flows downhill) went right over her big belly, across the changing mat and onto the seat. I quickly called Amy over and began salvaging the upholstery. Amy took Sahara up front to change her wet onsie and finish diapering her. At this point, Sahara spit up on the front seat. Amy handed me the baby (so that she could attend to the front seat) and Sahara arced spit through the air and down my arm! I handed the baby back to her mother and cleaned myself off.
Thinking the worst was over, Amy finished feeding Sahara, then handed her to me (in the driver's seat) to be burped. No sooner had I taken her then she spit up again. I heard the gurgling before it came up and cried, "Oh no! You're not going to score a hat trick on my truck today!" Luckily, my burp cloth saved me, but Sahara had once again ruined her outfit.



1 comment:
Too funny - I think that outdoes any of Naomi's such moments...oh, wait, I had temporarily forgotten about her projectile poop! You'll be laughing about that one for years. I love your site!!
Post a Comment