




The dog, cow and duck are the three animals that Sahara first identified when she was younger. She identified them by the sound they made: woof woof, moo and quack quack, respectively. She LOVES dogs and ducks, and goes crazy when she sees one of them. I took Sahara to where I thought story time would be -- which was cancelled, but there was a bonus: ducks and hens running freely around. At first she was keeping her distance, then ran after them. I popped 25 cents into the little feed vending machine and we fed the already fat ducks. Her first handful came dangerously close to becoming her own lunch, but once I showed her that if she threw the feed around, the ducks would actually come closer to her, she was estatic, and begin throwing all she had and asking for "more more!", complete with baby sign and actual words.
She loved it so much, she didn't even care to go into the toy store to check out Christmas gifts. I literally had to drag her away from the ducks.
In a related story, at my parents' house, there's a big wooden duck in my parents' room. Everytime we visit there, she runs upstairs and grabs the duck off the shelf. It's quite big, but she loves to tote it around.



No comments:
Post a Comment