Tonight Shane was on the phone with his Dad, and Sahara and I were just playing in her room, waiting for her bedtime to inch closer. I was incredibly tired, laid down on the floor and asked Sahara to get me a blanket. She got me a couple blankets, then leaned down to give me a kiss -- "night, night, Mommy!" But that wasn't the best part. Later in the evening, she was giving me more blankets (Shane was off the phone by now), and said "I Love You!" to me. This was the first time she's ever said it without being asked to say it first. (She copies any word or phrase we ask her to.)
Shane said later that it was just part of the bedtime routine that she was copying -- getting a blanket, getting kisses, saying "Night, night, Sahara" and finally saying "I Love You!" before leaving the room. But it was music to my ears. Maybe she really DOES love me!



No comments:
Post a Comment