7.26.2008

Juanita Ward Pioneer Day Party




Today our ward celebrated pioneer day at Big Finn Hill Park. There was plenty of food and lots of action for the kids. Sahara played on the playground and slid down slides with the other kids for a while. A couple people had brought dogs, and Sahara made fast friends with one of them.
A mixed adult-kid baseball game started. I didn't think Sahara even knew what baseball was, but she quickly told me that she wanted to "play baseball." Then she announced that, "It's my turn--I wanna hit the ball." So I helped her out a little and she managed to go two-for two (which was about 498 too few at bats for her taste). She also enjoyed running around the bases with me.
And what was Mr. Gavin doing during all this? At first he was hanging out with Amy. Then he got passed around and held by his many adoring lady fans in the ward. What can you say--he's one good lookin' little man.

Oh, and did I mention that I finally got an iPhone today, after two weeks of trying? I had to show up a the Apple store at 7:00am and wait in line--and it's been over two weeks since its release. But my Blackberry has been dying in a big way and I had to get another phone soon. Now that the iPhone has email push via Outlook Exchange, it wasn't even a question. I gots me one!

No comments:

"When first I held you in my arms, if I had only known, the years would feel like moments..."

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers