7.21.2008

So you want to have a baby 2

It's been a wile since I dedicated a post to all the teenage girls out there who, "just wanna have a baby!" Let me just say, "Oh my heck, that would be so incredibly cool!" Well, perhaps not cool...more like warm. Yes, definitely warm.
Do you see the cute little girl in this picture? That's my elder baby. And this evening, as I was playing with her, she asked me to put her up on my shoulders. "Up on shoulders, daddy!" Aw, how cute. Being a good father, I lifted her up over my head and down onto my shoulders. It was a tight fit, and she mussed my (increasingly AWOL) hair and knocked off my glasses in the process. But she was up and happy and I danced around the room with her...until I caught wind of something decidedly unsavory, yet hauntingly familiar. As a matter of tradition, I asked Sahara if she had a poopy; and in keeping with tradition, Sahara assured me that she did not.
We headed upstairs to the changing table, where to my deep chagrin, I discovered that Sahara had blown out her diaper. Greenish fecal matter--oh, I'm sorry girls, I mean cute little poopy--was half way to her knee on the right side. This complicated matters exponentially, as that right leg had, until a few short moments earlier, been sliding over my head and resting on my shoulder.
A this point, an 18 year old version of myself would have snapped like an autumn twig. But seasoned veteran that I am, I changed Sahara's diaper, extricated her from the ruins of her clothing without getting anything green on her, then calmly looked at myself in the mirror. Yes indeed.
So, getting back to the cool vs. warm line of thought, I can tell you that both the poo and the shower I took to get it out of my hair were warm. And I think I'll go with warm water in the washer to get the poo out of my shirt.

No comments:

"When first I held you in my arms, if I had only known, the years would feel like moments..."

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers