9.18.2010

Lake Melakwa hike

September can be a beautiful month in western Washington, but this September has a been a soggy disappointment. Nonetheless, the intrepid Scouts of troops 616 and 607 defiantly headed up to Snoqualmie pass for our monthly campout and hike. The forecast was for rain, rain, rain--70% chance of it. And Friday night didn't disappoint on that count. Saturday morning we emerged from our tents, ate up, geared up and hit the Denny Creek trailhead, expecting a wet hike from bottom to top and back. But lo, the heavens parted 30 minutes into our hike and sunshine descended upon us. The longer than expected hike to Lake Melakwa was much more enjoyable and picturesque than I anticipated it would be. The lakes (upper and lower Melakwa Lakes) gleamed in the sun and we had them and the trail virtually to ourselves. Another awesome Scout outing!

No comments:

"When first I held you in my arms, if I had only known, the years would feel like moments..."

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers