No, it's not a luau, although it looks like one with Gavi in his red Hawaiian shirt. These two pictures are nearly the same, but Gavin is so cute in them that I couldn't help double dipping. Gavin loved everything about Idaho, and was delighted and mesmerized by the evening campfires.
In this picture (above) you can see some of the Tonka toys Gavin, Sahara and their cousin's played with on two huge dirt and rock piles Grandpa keeps out behind the house. There were multiple baths most days, but the kids had a blast getting as dirty as they did.
On our first weekend in Idaho, the cousins from Logan came to visit. It was our first hot dog roast. We also had a dutch oven dinner night thanks to Uncle Chad.The whole trip to Idaho, including the evening "roasts," made me nostalgic. I love the huge blue sky that stretches from horizon to horizon on every side. I love the autumn sunsets that stretch forever across the western sky in the evenings. Their color is that of the campfire, and as the sunset fades, the fire builds and glows in the darkness.
Here's another shot of Gavin and mommy a one of the picnic tables around the fire. Gavin is in his "I'm Grumpy" t-shirt, which is ironic because he's usually the happiest, most smiley, most good natured kid around.



No comments:
Post a Comment