5.14.2011

Gavin's first camping trip - part 2

Gavin was excited to go camping, to say the least. Getting that tent up and his gear inside was about the best thing ever for Gavin.



Once we got inside the tent after dinner, Gavin immediately busted out the toys. He got his flashlight and turned on daddy's Black Diamond lantern, which he'd learned how to operate at home earlier in the day. Playing sleep in a tent was definitely on the agenda--actually going to sleep wasn't. Still, Gavin went down after about a half hour of me rubbing his back.

When I take the scouts out each month, we try and do at least one meal in dutch ovens (unless we're backpacking and can't carry them). This month I wanted to try something new--deep dish pizza in a dutch oven. I used parchment paper to place the dough on, and copious amounts of meat and cheese ( this was "the carnivore") and it turned out great! Honestly, one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten. Those lucky enough to get a slice agreed. We also made Italian meatballs in a mushroom gravy in another Dutch oven.

No comments:

"When first I held you in my arms, if I had only known, the years would feel like moments..."

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers