8.25.2006

My new workday




My new job has brought about some big changes in my workday. I get up around 6:00 each morning, get ready (which often includes helping with Sahara, who's just waking up), drive 5 minutes to the Overlake Park & Ride and catch the 250 express into downtown Seattle. I get off at 5th & Spring St. and walk down the hill 4 blocks towards the waterfront. I can smell the saltwater and hear the seagulls as I turn down Western Avenue.

My office is on the top floor of a 6-story, renovated brick building (bottom picture). I have a big window that looks out over Western Avenue, Alaskan Way and the Puget Sound. I can see the big ships being towed into dock by tug boats and ferries going back and forth to Bainbridge Island. In the distance I can see the Olympic mountains (top picture).

I enjoy the casual, fun-loving but hard working culture of my new company. I'm surrounded by smart, driven people. Right now I spend most of my days at work learning to configure my company's software to match various client project management processes. Once I've developed a high level of proficiency, I'll be given and manage my own implementation projects.

When work is over, I climb the steep hills up to 4th street and catch the 250 back to Bellevue. I'm usually home a little after 6:00pm. Seeing my girls is always the best part of my day!

No comments:

"When first I held you in my arms, if I had only known, the years would feel like moments..."

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers