Yesterday I came home from work to find that Sahara was standing on her own for 30-60 second stretches. We put her in front of us on the table in bare feat and she'd just stand there--as long as we distracted her a bit. Once she realized that she wasn't connected to anything, she'd sit down.
I thought this was extremely exciting, a fact that's diffucult to explain. Before I became a dad, if somebody had called me in to see their kid standing on their own for the first time I may have taken a look, but only as a courtesy. It was just never that big of a deal until it was Sahara standing there on her own chubby little feet. I was very proud of her, even though it was something that was going to happen eventually anyway. I'm excited to see her start walking--maybe before her birthday in a few weeks.



No comments:
Post a Comment