8.13.2008

Holy taco! Gavin's nearly 16 pounds!

Today was Gavin's 2 month check-up with his pediatrician. To be fair, he's 2 and half months old. But still, when Amy called and told me he weighed 15 lbs, 11 ounces, it made me smile. I'm not sure why I'm so proud of the whole thing--it's not like he's a prize hog that I'm taking to the state fair or something. And the fact that he's in the 97th percentile on weight doesn't make him any better than babies in the 50th percentile, nor will it get him into an Ivy league school. And yet I'm proud. I suppose that he could just sit there and look cross-eyed while he drooled on himslef and I'd still be proud. Such is the nature of parenthood. He's my boy!

Here's the other official stats:

Length: 23 in. (50%)
Head Circumference: 41.5 cm. (75-90%)

No comments:

"When first I held you in my arms, if I had only known, the years would feel like moments..."

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers