



So my favorite part of any day is spending time with the family. Gavin loves being bounced on our exercise ball, and Sahara joins in on the fun.
But during the week I'm in Seattle working. My office is a historic, 6 story, red brick building in Seattle's West Edge. Great views of the sound out my office window. Three times a week, during my lunch break, I go to a downtown gym and lift. It's just two blocks from work. On my off-gym days I like to walk over to Pike Place Market and explore--it's just a few blocks away. There is a lot more than meets the eye if you know where to go. The other day I ate lunch at a little Russian restaurant tucked in one of the many winding corridors.
Seattle has a Summer concert series and this week the groups are playing on the Harbor Steps next to my office. Yesterday they had a group who's lead singer was really good. I'd never heard their music and didn't know their name. I noted one of the songs he sung, spent a few minutes online and discovered Leroy Bell. I got on iTunes and listed to some of his stuff. He's fantastic! So I bought an downloaded his latest album, A Change is Coming, with my iPhone and have been enjoying it at work today.



No comments:
Post a Comment