1.15.2007

All night long!


Last night was a first ever: Sahara slept all night long without waking up once. (Amy's note: This was after she was fed a huge bottle while sleeping at 11:00 PM) She really hadn't even been coming close before this--she's been a twice-a-night girl for a long time now. When my alarm went off at 6:00 I was actually a little worried and had to go check on her. But despite the long stretch, poor Amy couldn't sleep. It's not just night feedings--it's the anticipation of them.
Sahara continues to edge closer to crawling. A few days ago she pushed herself from crawling position up onto her toes, as if she were doing push-ups, and held that position while looking around. No small feat when you're packing a gut as robust as hers. She's a strong little girl!
I took this picture tonight while getting Sahara ready to eat. Yes, this is a before picture. The after picture, had there been one, would have been banana yogurt on a baby face canvas. Prior to this, Sahara had been spitting up everywhere! It looked like a bunch of pigeons got loose in the house. You always try to have a burp cloth on hand, but the situation really called for a fire hose. I wonder how much it would cost to replace the carpets?

No comments:

"When first I held you in my arms, if I had only known, the years would feel like moments..."

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers