I've started running again. With night falling so fast, it's been a challenge to go running in the dark after work. So I've started running during the day on my lunch break. We have a small locker room at work, where I've stashed shoes and other running paraphernalia.
There's a running path that runs along the docks. After about a mile, it leaves the downtown skyscrapers behind and bends out into a long, narrow park. The trail hugs the coast as it wraps and beds around inlets and the uneven shoreline. As I run, I can see Bainbridge Island across the bay, and beyond that the Olympic mountains. In the choppy water of Elliot Bay freight ships sit heavily at anchor, unmoving.
I usually do a 30-45 minute loop, depending on the weather and how I'm feeling. Some days you want to run, others you just run. Yesterday I took a right at Broad St. and ran up to the Space Needle. It's the first time I've been there since moving to Seattle. I'd forgotten what a touristy, dog-and-pony show that area is. I think I'll stick to the coast from now on.



No comments:
Post a Comment