2.06.2010

Mercer Slough


Both kids have had colds lately and we've been confined to the house more than we'd like. So today we went on a little hike at Mercer Slough, a local wetlands park in Bellevue. This park is close to downtown Bellevue where I work and has some nice trails that I go running on during my lunch break.

As luck and prevailing weather patterns would have it, our sunny Saturday turned cloudy just as we got to the park. But the kids had fun with the ducks and loved watching people canoe past. It was good to get outside and do something fun.

Earlier in the day I had taken Gavin to a dad-kid breakfast at his Toddler group while Amy took Sahara on a girls morning out to the Creation Station in Lynnwood for some crafts.

Amy: She went a little crazy on the stickers; I think we really got our money worth of "drop-in creating" with the stickers alone. I tried to get her to leave some for the other kids, but she insisted that she take lots home for later.

No comments:

"When first I held you in my arms, if I had only known, the years would feel like moments..."

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers